Our 2023 Strategic Plan for Equity emphasizes diversity, equity, and inclusion. The Strategic Plan reflects the Board’s anti-racism, diversity, and inclusion (ARDI) initiative. It also recognizes that our work needs to address our society’s systemic challenges.
We understand that embedding equity into everything we do – including how we work together and what projects we work on – is critical in creating a more equitable LA County.
LA County Planning will become a nationally recognized leader known for utilizing and developing policies, practices, and other necessary interventions that make unincorporated LA County a racially equitable place.
LA County Planning provides equitable planning, development, and engagement for all unincorporated LA County residents and businesses to help create vibrant, sustainable, and resilient communities.
- Collaboration Fostering a collaborative environment, both internally and with the public.
- Heritage Building upon a century of meaningful planning work in Los Angeles County.
- Innovation Continuously seeking out new ways to address the County’s challenges.
- Service Delivering dependable, transparent, and equitable customer support.
- Stewardship Caring for communities and the environment.
- Equity Becoming an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace where everyone can succeed.