The enforcement process begins with a complaint and/or referral being reported to Zoning Enforcement staff regarding suspected zoning violations. Anyone may submit a complaint about suspected unpermitted zoning activities and/or structures on a property, and all complaint sources remain confidential.
When reporting a violation please have the following information:
- Location of the property including address and cross streets, and if possible, assessor parcel number (APN).
- Description of the suspected violation. Provide as much detail as possible. For example, is the violation in the house, garage, shed, commercial building, etc.
- Provide any safety concerns.
- You may provide us your name and contact information to provide you updates. All information remains confidential.
There are multiple ways to report a violation or request an update:
(213) 974-6453 or (213) 974-6483;
211 LA County Helpline/or call (800) 339-6993. They are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
LA County Planning
320 West Temple Street, 13th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012