Zoning Enforcement Sections
While there are many causes of neighborhood deterioration, one important and preventable factor is the intrusion of illegal and objectionable uses. Vigorous zoning enforcement efforts can do much to prevent or arrest the spread of such uses and is an effective tool for neighborhood maintenance and enhancement.
The Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning, Zoning Enforcement Section, is responsible for enforcing Title 22 of the County Code, otherwise known as the Planning and Zoning Code throughout the UNINCORPORATED area of Los Angeles County.
Effective planning requires public participation and Zoning Enforcement is a conduit that allows the public to participate in the planning process. Through Zoning Enforcement, the spread of illegal and objectionable uses can be prevented.
- Zoning Enforcement Information Guides
- Brochures Buying Property (English) Buying Property (Spanish) General Information (English) General Information (Chinese)
- What is a Zoning Violation?
- A zoning violation is any land use maintained contrary to the provisions of Title 22. Common zoning violations include the following examples: Garage Conversions Every single family residence built after…
- Reporting Violations
- A complaint regarding a possible zoning violation can be made by one of the following methods: Email ZoningEnforcement@planning.lacounty.gov Call County Helpline 211. They…
- Processing a Zoning Violation
- Complaints having an immediate health or safety hazard will be investigated within a few days in the order they are received. If the complaint is valid, we are then required…
- Links to Other County Departments and Their Enforcement Sections
- Department of Public Works Report Traffic Sign down or missing Traffic and pedestrian signal outage & malfunction Street lights out…