Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning

Zoning Enforcement

Resources and Guides

Buying Property?
Zoning Enforcement
Junk and Salvage & Outside Storage
Safe Access to Alcohol and
Food Establishments
Yard Sale Ordinance
Rural Outdoor Lighting
SMM Coastal Zone Fact Sheet
Buying or Developing Property in the Antelope Valley

Additional County of Los Angeles Resources

Disclaimer for External Links

These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. The Department of Regional Planning bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.

Department of Public Works

900 S. Fremont Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91803
(626) 458-5100

Report the following complaints:
  • Graffiti Removal
  • Potholes
  • Illegal Dumping
  • Tree Trimming
  • Flood Control Channel Storm Drain
  • Landscape Maintenance Districts
  • Catch Basin Cleanout/Street Drainage
  • Street Sweeping
  • Street Lights
  • Traffic/Pedestrian Signals
  • Bike Path
  • Water Wasting

Building and Safety Division:


Report a Violation:


  • Unsafe Buildings; Buildings or structures which are structurally unsafe or which constitute a hazard to health, safety, or public welfare.
  • Un-Permitted Buildings, Structures, and Grading; Buildings or structures constructed, altered or demolished or grading performed without the required permits and approvals.
  • Non-Inspected Work; Work for which a permit was first obtained, but which has progressed beyond a point without obtaining the required inspections and approvals of the building official.
  • Abandoned or partially destroyed buildings
  • Buildings with broken window or doors constituting potentially hazardous conditions and inviting trespassers and malicious mischief.
  • Attractive nuisances dangerous to children, such as abandoned or broken equipment or neglected machinery
  • Broken or discarded household furniture visible from the street
  • Trash, junk or debris in yard areas

Department of Public Works – Permit Center:


Department of Public Health

Website: http://ph.lacounty.gov/report/pubreporting.htm

Report Complaint: https://admin.publichealth.lacounty.gov/phcommon/complaints/phcomp.cfm

Report the following complaints:
  • Restaurant complaints
  • General disease report
  • Foodborne illness
  • Cockroach or rodent problems at a property
  • Sewage or wastewater discharge at a property
  • No water/hot-water at a property or food facility
  • Litter, trash or debris at a property
  • Mosquito breeding
  • Rental properties that are not maintained
  • Swimming pools that are not maintained
  • Lead exposure hazards (from lead-based paints, etc.)
  • Mold in rental housing units
  • Public nuisance animals
  • Animal Bites

Environmental Health

5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706

Public Services & Contact Numbers:

Report Complaint:

Report the following complaints:
  • Problems at a restaurant or food market
  • Rodent problems at a property
  • Sewage or wastewater discharge at a property
  • No water at a property
  • Accumulated trash or debris at a property
  • Universal Studios Communities Noise Complaint
  • Rental properties that are not maintained
  • Mosquito breeding or swimming pools that are not maintained
  • Lead exposure hazards (from lead-based paints, etc.)
  • Mold in rental housing units
  • Illegal Food Vendors
  • Problems at a body art facility

Fire Department

Fire Station Locator: https://locator.lacounty.gov/fire

Fire Prevention Division

1320 N. Eastern Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90063
(323) 881-2411

Forestry Division (Fuel Modification)

605 N. Angeleno Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

Sheriff’s Department

211 W. Temple Street
Los Angeles, California 90012
* For an emergency, please dial 911

County of Los Angeles Parking Violations Bureau

Call: (866) 561-9744 or (213) 629-3919

Animal Care & Control

Administrative Office
5898 Cherry Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562) 728-4882 (general info.)
(562) 422-3408 (fax)
Enforcement Services (Licensing) Bureau
12440 East Imperial Highway,
6th Floor
Norwalk, CA 90650
Report the following complaints:
  • Injured animal
  • Loose animal
  • Animal Bites (non-emergency)
  • Dead animal
  • Animal Cruelty or Neglect
  • Animal noise complaint

Department of Parks and Recreation

Website: http://parks.lacounty.gov/

Report the following complaints:

  • Events at public parks without approval.
  • Issues occurring within a Public Park facility.

Agricultural Commissioner/Weights & Measures

Headquarters Office
12300 Lower Azusa Road
Arcadia, CA 91006-5872
(626) 575-5471

Report the following complaints:

  • Pesticide use
  • Invasive insects and plants
  • Weeds, brush, and debris
  • Accuracy of scales, meters, price scanners, and quality labeling on packaged goods.

Additional Resources (PDF)

DRP en Español

Online Appointment Now Available!

Metro Area Plan Outdoor Permit Covid-19 UAS Drone Housing Element Update SB 9 Oil Well Tree Pest Disease FFCP Homeless Buying Property SEATAC Historic Preservation DRP Video Library

Follow Us

Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube

©2009 Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning.

All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement.

Please send website questions and comments to webadmin@planning.lacounty.gov

Many of our documents are in PDF format. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking this link.

Department of Regional Planning
320 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
T: (213) 974-6411 . F: (213) 626-0434
TDD: (213) 617-2292
Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube