Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning


.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Created On:
Dec 02, 2008
Last Updated:
Aug 26, 2019
Page Feedback:
Filed Under:
How-To, FAQ,

Commercial and Industrial FAQ

I want to open a new business or change to a different business. What must I do?
Do I need a business license?

Only certain types of businesses need a business license. To verify, contact the Treasurer Tax Collector Business License Department at (213) 974-2011. They are located at 225 North Hill Street, Room 109, Los Angeles, CA 90012.

What are the parking requirements?

The parking requirement is the minimum number of parking spaces that must be provided. Each use must provide a minimum number of required parking spaces in accordance with Chapter 22.112: Parking.

What are the sign regulations for my business?

Sign regulations are located in Chapter 22.114: Signs.

DRP en Español

Online Appointment Now Available!

Metro Area Plan Outdoor Permit Covid-19 UAS Drone Housing Element Update SB 9 Oil Well Tree Pest Disease FFCP Homeless Buying Property SEATAC Historic Preservation DRP Video Library

Follow Us

Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube

©2009 Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning.

All Rights Reserved. Terms under which this service is provided to you. Privacy Statement.

Please send website questions and comments to webadmin@planning.lacounty.gov

Many of our documents are in PDF format. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking this link.

Department of Regional Planning
320 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
T: (213) 974-6411 . F: (213) 626-0434
TDD: (213) 617-2292
Twitter Facebook Instagram YouTube