A complaint regarding a possible zoning violation can be made by one of the following methods:
County Helpline 211. They will take down your complaint in writing and forward it to ALL applicable County agencies.
Department of Regional Planning - Zoning Enforcement Section. Staff will take down zoning violation complaints at (213) 974-6453, (213) 974-6483 or (213) 974-6455.
Write a Letter
Department of Regional Planning, Zoning Enforcement Section
320 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
In your complaint, include the following information:
- Identify the specific complaint or nuisance.
- Give your name, address, and telephone number. This information is just for us and is kept confidential.
- Give the exact location of the problem.
- Street address and house number
- If no address, location of property, i.e. northwest corner of First and Main streets.
- Provide additional information that will aid in the investigation.
- Vehicle license number, type, color, make of vehicle, left door missing, etc
- Type of debris; car parts; building material; tires; garbage
- Selling clothes, bags, furniture, paintings, flowers, etc.