The Department of Regional Planning offers One-Stop Counseling to advise applicants on the processes and requirements of development. There are two types of One-Stop: Land Divisions One-Stop for projects that will create two or more lots, and Zoning Permits One-Stop, for projects that require conditional use permits or other discretionary approvals. If you’re project qualifies for both, please utilize the Land Divisions One Stop first.
Land Divisions One-Stop Counseling Service
The County of Los Angeles land development counseling team, popularly known as "One Stop", was established in July 1991 to reduce red tape, help stem the rising cost of development and relieve the housing shortage.
A "One Stop" meeting provides prospective developers with an opportunity to obtain feedback on the potential subdivision of land from representatives of the Departments of Regional Planning, Public Works, Fire, Parks and Recreation, and Public Health. Typical issues discussed include consistency with adopted general plans, zoning and subdivision standards, determining density and appropriate design, road dedication and improvements, emergency access, fire protection, water supply, drainage and potential flood hazards.
You can also obtain information about the applicable review process, current fees, realistic estimates of the time involved, tips for minimizing problems and delays, and current policies affecting project design.
While the information provided at "One Stop" sessions is purely advisory, many cost reducing and time saving suggestions have been provided by the land development counseling team.
One-stop appointments are generally held once or twice a month and must be scheduled in advance to provide adequate notice to all One-stop department representatives. The meetings are held at the Department of Regional Planning, Room 1385, 320 West Temple Street, Los Angeles.
To schedule a "One Stop" appointment, you must complete the application form. An appointment fee is also required and the check must be made payable to Los Angeles County. Please submit the application and fee:
At 320 West Temple Street, Room 1382, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Please be advised that appointment requests will not be accepted without the required application, application material and fee.
Zoning Permits One-Stop Counseling Service
Los Angeles County Department of Regional Planning (DRP) offers One-Stop meetings to help applicants with the land use entitlement process. An applicant may request a One-Stop meeting before filing an application and throughout case processing until a project is finalized. These meetings are voluntary, and the applicant chooses the type and number of meetings to suit their needs.
One-Stop Meeting Types
- Pre-Application: This is an exploratory meeting for applicants who may not have a specific project but want more information than is available through the Front Counter. Typically, an applicant wants additional information on County requirements before purchasing a property or designing a project.
- Conceptual Review: This meeting is to evaluate the feasibility of a project. The applicant has a project in mind and a conceptual site plan. They would receive feedback on project feasibility, potential land use/zoning issues, and environmental issues, which allow for project re-design before they submit an application.
- Post-Application: This meeting addresses technical issues the applicant is having after departmental consults have gone out, such as traffic, drainage, geology, water, sewer, etc.
- Pre-Hearing: This meeting is held before the public hearing to go over staff recommendation, conditions of approval, mitigation measures, and any other issues.
One-Stop Fees:(As of 3/1/17)
- Department of Regional Planning - current fees (May be applied towards zoning permit application fee)
- Department of Public Works - $253.25
- Fire Department - $145
- Department of Public Health - $129
- Department of Parks and Recreation – No fee
Regional Planning’s One-Stop fee is a one-time charge; no fee is required if an application is already filed. The other department fees are charged per meeting and are not credited towards the zoning permit application fee.
DRP’s One-Stop fee can be credited towards the application fee if a zoning permit application is filed within one year of the meeting.
Zoning Permits One-Stop application materials can be found on the DRP webpage at http://planning.lacounty.gov/apps. For more information about one-stop counseling, or for general questions about planning, zoning, and application filing, contact the Land Development Coordinating Center, or LDCC (often referred to as the “Public Counter”). Please have the property’s Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN) or address ready.
Phone number: (213) 974-6411
Fax number: (213) 626-0434
Office hours: Mon., Tue. & Thu.: 7:30am - 5:30pm; Wed.: 8:30am - 5:30pm
You may also contact us at our field offices.