Welcome to the Technical Update to Title 22. The Technical Update is a countywide ordinance to amend Title 22 of the County Code (Planning and Zoning) that will reorganize and simplify the existing code, correct errors and omissions, streamline administrative procedures, and remove obsolete and redundant regulations. No modifications will be made to land use regulations or development standards as part of this project.
Specifically, the overall objectives of the Technical Update are to:
- Reorganize, clarify, and simplify code language so that the ordinance is clear, concise, and easy to use
- Combine information that is spread across the existing code and organize it into logical sections, chapters, and Divisions
- Consolidate identical or similar standards or procedures in to a single set of regulations
- Delete arcane, obsolete, and redundant code provisions
- Correct errors and omissions
- Streamline administrative and case processing procedures
- Comply with existing Federal and State laws
- Provide more graphics to illustrate certain code provisions
- Convert into an 8-1/2” X 11” format
- Simplify the numbering system
The Technical Update will not add new uses, modify land use regulations or development standards, or incorporate policy memos. The Comprehensive Ordinance Revisions (COR), a separate and future project, will incorporate these additional features.
We encourage you to explore these pages where you will find drafts and documents relating to the County’s technical update of the Zoning Ordinance (Title 22 of the County Code) and information on how to participate in the public hearings or provide public comment on this project.
- On April 22, 2015, the Regional Planning Commission closed the public hearing and recommended that the Board of Supervisors conduct a de novo public hearing to consider the adoption of the Technical Update to Title 22.
- The Board of Supervisors will conduct a de novo public hearing to consider the adoption of the Technical Update to Title 22 on October 27, 2015.