Street Naming Committee
Tel: (213) 974-6395 - Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Our offices are closed on Friday.
Fax: (213) 626-0434 (please mark to the attention of the Street Naming Committee)
The Los Angeles County Street Naming Committee provides a deliberative body to recommend street name changes to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for streets in UNINCORPORATED Los Angeles County. The Committee recommends changes only in those cases in which it has determined that a change should be made.
The Los Angeles County Street Naming Committee consists of a chairman, from the Department of Regional Planning, a secretary from the Department of Regional Planning, a member from the Department of Public Works, and a member from the U.S. Postal Service.
Proposed changes should serve to eliminate ambiguities, duplications, or confusion of any kind, which may be addressed by changing a street name. In addition, all street name changes must be in compliance with the Street Name Policy Statement.
- Street Name Establishment and Change document – Click here (PDF)
- Street Name Change Process – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! – Click here (PDF)
- Street Name Change Checklist – Click here (PDF)
- Street Name Change Petition – Click here (PDF or Word)
- Street Name Policy Statement – Click here (PDF)
- Street Name Definitions and Spanish Type Street Name Prefixes and Suffixes – Click here (PDF)