County Green Building Program
Green Building Program Information
In 2008, Los Angeles County adopted the Green Building Program, which included the Drought-Tolerant Landscaping, Green Building, and Low Impact Development Ordinances (the Ordinances), and created an Implementation Task Force and Technical Manual. November 2013, in response to the mandates set forth in CALGreen (2010 California Green Building Standards Code), the Board of Supervisors adopted the Los Angeles County Green Building Standards Code (Title 31). Please contact the Department of Public Works Building and Safety Division for further information about Green Building, Drought Tolerant and Low Impact Development requirements currently in effect.
The Department of Regional Planning is working on an ordinance to repeal Green Building and Drought Tolerant Landscaping requirements from Title 22 (Planning and Zoning Code) . Additionally, the ordinance will update the Green Building Program’s tree requirements in order to increase shade to sidewalks and parking lots for human comfort, and to shade buildings to conserve energy used for air conditioning.
- Green LA County – Regional Environmental and Sustainability Programs
- Green Building Program Status Report to the Board of Supervisors (PDF)
- Green Building Program Ordinances Adopted by the Board of Supervisors November 18, 2008 (PDF)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) – Los Angeles County Clean Energy Resource
Completed Discussions & Hearings
- Regional Planning Commission Hearing on the Green Building Program Update - Jan. 18, 2012
- Regional Planning Commission Hearing on the Green Building Technical Manual Update - Sept. 28, 2011
- Regional Planning Commission Hearing on the Green Building Technical Manual Update - March 23, 2011