Business / Other License Referrals FAQ
- What kind of licenses are referred to Regional Planning for review and why?
The following agencies frequently ask Regional Planning to verify that operations they issue licenses to are allowed at the location:
- I have previous approval(s). Isn’t that enough for Regional Planning to approve my request?
The Los Angeles County Code continues to change over the years to better meet the County’s needs. The provisions applicable to your proposed operation or location may have changed.
- How long does Regional Planning’s review take?
It takes approximately 2-3 weeks and may take longer if Regional Planning needs to schedule a zoning inspector to visit the site. The inspector makes sure that there are no zoning violations on the property before Regional Planning can approve your request.
- What can I do to facilitate my request?
Most review time is spent on collecting information and verifying official records. Bring the following items whenever possible will greatly help Regional Planning’s review:
- Photos of the subject property
- Floor Plan for your business (mainly for “Public Eating” and “Bottle Works” business licenses)
- Site plan of the property
- Copies of building permits for the property or business
- Any known/previous approvals from the Regional Planning
- Other licenses issued by other County or State Departments
- What do I do after Regional Planning approves my request?
Please take the approval back to the issuing agency to obtain your license.