Renewable Energy - Meetings
December 13, 2016
The Board of Supervisors adopted the Renewable Energy Ordinance, and it becomes effective on January 12, 2017. The final ordinance is available here.
July 14, 2015
The Board of Supervisors held a public hearing on the Renewable Energy Ordinance (REO) on July 14, 2015. The Board introduced a motion to prohibit all utility-scale wind projects. After hearing testimony from approximately 25 people, the Board closed the public hearing and indicated its intent to approve the REO with the ban on utility-scale wind projects. The Board hearing package can be found here. Please scroll down to view the Board hearing letter and its attachments individually.
The Final EIR, which considers the comments received during the formal public review period of the Draft EIR, is available here. The Board certified the Final EIR at its July 14, 2015 hearing. The Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations are available here.
- Board Package
- Board Letter
- Attachment 1: RPC Project Summary
- Attachment 2: Summary of RPC Proceedings
- Attachment 3: RPC Hearing Packages
- Attachment 4: RPC Resolution
- Attachment 5: Recommended Ordinance for Board Adoption
- Attachment 6: Board Notice of Public Hearing
- Attachment 7: Public Comments received after RPC Hearing
- Attachment 8: Final Environmental Impact Report
- Additional Materials
April 22, 2015
The Regional Planning Commission (RPC) held a public hearing on the Renewable Energy Ordinance (REO) on April 22, 2015. After hearing testimony from approximately 10 people, the RPC closed the public hearing and recommended approval of the project to the Board of Supervisors.