Regional Planning Commission (RPC)
The Regional Planning Commission consists for five Commissioners. They are appointed to four-year terms by the Board of Supervisors. In addition, there are four advisory, non-voting, members who are; the Forester and Fire Warden, Director of Public Works, Superintendent of Parks and Recreation, and Agricultural Commissioner.
The Planning Commission acts as an advisory body to the Board of Supervisors on all planning matters, and administers the provisions of the State Planning Law (Title 7, Division I, of the Government Code), the State Subdivision Map Act, CEQA, and the Los Angeles County Ordinances affecting planning such as the County Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Ordinance. It formulates planning policies and conducts regular Public Hearings each Wednesday.
Regional Planning Commissioners
- Supervisorial District 1: Doug Smith, Chair
- Supervisorial District 2: David W. Louie, Vice Chair
- Supervisorial District 3: Laura Shell, Commissioner
- Supervisorial District 4: Elvin W. Moon, Commissioner
- Supervisorial District 5: Pat Modugno, Commissioner
Upcoming / Recent Meetings
View agendas, meeting minutes, agenda items
View RPC Tentative Upcoming Agendas (Updated Weekly)